June 05, 2010

Aussie Restaurant Owner Orders Diners To Eat Everything On Their Plates

http://newsblaze.com

"An Australian restaurateur fed up with the waste left by diners has ordered her customers to eat everything on their plates for their sake of the earth or pay a penalty and not return.

Chef Yukako Ichikawa has introduced a 30 percent discount for diners who eat all the food they have ordered at Wafu, her 30-seat restaurant in the Sydney suburb of Surry Hills, that describes itself as 'guilty free Japanese cuisine.'" Reuters

Wafu serves organic (read:no taste) meals, that are free of gluten, dairy and eggs. I would never patronize this dining establishment, I want my meals to be chockful of sugar, grease and gluten.

When I was a child my mother would chastise me whenever I left vegetables on my plate with these words: Don't you know that there are millions starving in India? Like I gave a rip that Indians were going to bed hungry. Today Indians still aren't eating very much, they're too busy working 14 hours a day in a call center.

I don't want to be treated like a child in a restuarant; I want to be treated like a responsible adult. If I leave a few vegetables on my plate, that's my business. I paid for the meal, and I can do whatever I want with my food.

A fine dining establishment doesn't have to bribe customers to eat all the food on their plates. If the food is delicious, diners will clean their plates.

.....................................................................................................
COMMENT: The owner of this restaurant sounds like a dickhead!


PaulGTully@gmail.com